I'm back! Sorry for the long delay. I started working a couple weeks ago and it took a little while to get used to the new schedule. Hopefully I can keep up with posts again.
Now, about the art! Sometimes, I have no idea why a certain picture pops into my head. This is one of those times. This crazy skull thing just popped into my head and I just had to draw it. I think this is the first time where a picture from head has come out better than the way I imagined it. Usually I can't even come close to putting what is in my head down on paper. Maybe it was the cartoony style that made it easier to draw, I don't know. The top picture is the original drawing after the lines were inked in photoshop. I originally drew it out in my sketchbook and inked it in black marker (below).
The picture below is the result of me messing around with the skew, distort, and warp tools in photoshop. Between the three you can pretty much stretch, shrink, or bend a picture any way you want. I was trying to make the skull look more dynamic and I think I was able to accomplish that. The bigger chin and angle of the head to be more downwards give it more energy. It's really wacky but I hope you like it!


No comments:
Post a Comment