Friday, April 12, 2013

Drawing II Sketchbook: Vehicles!




These are drawings from my sketchbook for Drawing II: Composition and Media. I'll be posting them a couple at a time for the next couple weeks. Some of them are pretty bad, to the point that I'm actually cringing at looking at them. But I'm posting them anyway because making bad art is part of making art, and there are lessons to be learned from this.

These two sketches are the first two drawings I did after getting back from a 7 week long winter break. I hardly drew anything at all in that seven weeks. Lesson learned: never go that long without drawing ever again. Falling out of the habit of drawing can happen quickly, but it takes a long time to get back into it. It took me a few weeks to get back to the level of drawing I was doing at the end of the fall quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment