These are from a 2 hour workshop that SCAD offers. It was nice to just sit down and draw without the stress of worrying about how the drawings were going to be graded. I need to work on gesture because the whole point is to capture movement, or the idea of whatever is being drawn. We did gesture at the end and after getting a small amount of sleep and drawing for 2 hours straight I was getting bored and tired. Gesture is supposed to be fast and spontaneous, aka high energy, and I didn't exactly have that at the end! I want to try gesture sometime when I have more energy to make quick strokes.
A blog about my journey as an artist from my senior year of high school to my senior year of college.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Contour and Gesture Drawing Workshop
These are from a 2 hour workshop that SCAD offers. It was nice to just sit down and draw without the stress of worrying about how the drawings were going to be graded. I need to work on gesture because the whole point is to capture movement, or the idea of whatever is being drawn. We did gesture at the end and after getting a small amount of sleep and drawing for 2 hours straight I was getting bored and tired. Gesture is supposed to be fast and spontaneous, aka high energy, and I didn't exactly have that at the end! I want to try gesture sometime when I have more energy to make quick strokes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment