 |
| Piece 8 |
 |
| Piece 7 |
I continued using mostly ink wash for both of these with some areas of watercolor pencil. My favorite one out of the ten would have to be piece 8. I like the way the background is much more abstract than the other pieces but still gives the sense of a light source. It is simple, and in this case, I think the phrase "less is more" definitely applies. I focused on letting just the ink wash be sufficient for the background. Over the course of doing these pieces I definitely began to focus on being much more spontaneous with the ink wash backgrounds. I did this for two reasons: I became much more comfortable with using wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques, and I was also running out of time so an ink wash background happened to be the most efficient thing.
Please don't be afraid to comment and let me know what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment