Thursday, June 7, 2012

AP Concentration 9 & 10

Piece 9

Piece 10
Hello, it's been a while! But I have finally graduated so all the hectic things that go along with graduation are over. Looking forward to September when I'll be starting at the Savannah College of Art and Design!


These are the last two pieces that I did for my AP Concentration at the end of April. The red cross-shaped piece is one of my favorites out of all of them. First of all, red is my favorite color, so I might be a little bit biased. Besides the fact that it is red, I liked the way i showed the highlights and shadows. When I started the piece the first thing I did was shade everything red with the water color pencil, making sure to leave the highlighted areas blank. Then, to make the shadows, I added an ink wash over the watercolor pencil to make it darker. The background was totally made up in order to simplify it and to speed up the process. I sketched out the shadow first with pencil to make sure that it would not look forced.


Piece 10 was also done with watercolor pencil and ink wash. I really like the texture of the ink wash in the background.


Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I made an art related goal for the summer so I will start to post that new stuff very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment