When I graduated I made a summer goal for myself. I want to be better at figure drawing before I get to college. My sister and I bought a series called The Structure of Man: Learning to Draw the Human Figure From Your Mind by Riven Pheonix. If you're interested, his website is http://alienthink.com/. He basically breaks everything down into little parts and formulas so that the human figure can be easily understood. I'll be posting the drawings I do from every one of his video lessons, and hopefully by the end of the summer I will be drawing the full figure straight from my mind. I'm going into this with a tiny amount of knowledge about drawing people (and by tiny I mean about a couple weeks worth of drawing class, which didn't amount to much). The drawings below are from the first lesson, which breaks the figure down into extremely basic shapes in order to get the right proportions. I'm wicked excited to get to more advanced things!

No comments:
Post a Comment