Monday, June 18, 2012

Structure of Man: More Skulls!




The next section in the Structure of Man videos focused on the front view of the skull. The really cool thing about learning a formula for drawing the skull is that it can be modified in any way. I could choose to make it very elongated or I could make it short and wide. The formulas would still work, even with these variations, so many different character designs could be made. 




This next picture is the one that I am excited about the most. It is my first character design! One hundred percent made up from my own imagination! I started with just the side view of the skull and built off of that. I once again used goggles to cover the eyes because I haven't reached that part of the video series. Once I made the goggles, I decided to make a helmet to cover the head and just started making up different shapes to put on the helmet. I started to see that the character could be in a futuristic military so I gave him some light armor. I am going to continue to develop this by inking over it in Photoshop and then experimenting with some digital painting for a background. So excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment