The next videos were all about the structure of the skull, starting with a profile view. The thing that I think is the coolest about these videos is that I could draw a skull with no reference 100 times and it would still look the same as the ones above. I can now draw from memory what would probably have taken me a half hour of observation. Each of these skulls probably only took about 5 minutes.
The big "Aha!" moment for me was when the axis of the head was added. I included the tilted picture because it shows the angle that the head would actually sit on the body.
The picture below is of the first concept design I made based solely on the structure of the skull. I added the glasses because I haven't gotten far enough in the videos to learn facial features yet, but I think it is really cool that I can draw a realistic person just by knowing the skull!

That is so totally cool... I want you to teach me...
ReplyDelete