This is the final black and white composition! The picture itself is a 7 x 7 inch square on 10 x 10 inch bristol board. It was super stressful to cut it out with an x-acto knife and not mess up! It would have been dissapointing if I had to do it all over again. A redo would have been very costly! The black areas were made with a copic marker, which was very expensive. I probably used half the ink on this project to make it dark enough that there were no streaks.
My grade on this was a 95! The only thing I got points off for was having a large amount of black. I guess it should have been more even. Either way, I was very happy with it. The next part of the project is adding texture in the white parts of the inverse of this image. We will be making a repeating pattern with it. Hopefully it comes out cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment