The pattern above is a combination of mirroring and "dropping." The first thing I did was mirror the original square on all sides. If you look closely, you can tell where the original square tile was mirrored in every direction. I then took the whole column of mirrored tiles, copied it into another column, and moved it down so that the lighter tube-shaped things met up with the darker tube-shaped things. It was pretty cool to find a pattern where the edges matched up like this.
A blog about my journey as an artist from my senior year of high school to my senior year of college.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Design Project #3
This is finally the last part of this project. My teacher assigned each step without explaining what the next part would be, so after three weeks with the same project I wasn't sure when it was going to end! These patterns are the culmination of the whole project.
This pinwheel pattern was for extra credit. It had to be stylistically very different from the main pattern. I don't like it as much as the first pattern because there is not enough contrast between the light and the dark values, but hey, its extra credit! I had to experiment with a bunch of different patterns anyway so I picked the strongest pinwheel pattern I had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment