We are now into the Winter quarter at SCAD! This means there will be plenty of new work to post over the next couple months! I'll start with my first drawing project. We have to create a study page of a lifelike animal toy in a similar style to studies of Renaissance masters like Da Vinci and Michelangelo. We had to incorporate the animal from different angles and arrange them in an interesting way on the page.
The paper is toned with pastel. I then fully sighted and measured each view. You can see the grid-like lines I put down to align different areas of the elephant. This is called a schematic, or analytical line, drawing. I used this process in my toy helicopter project, which you can see here.
The next step is planar analysis, which I started with the elephant on the lower left. It is pretty much what it sounds like, breaking down complex forms into simple planes. I posted some of these types of sketches a couple months ago. You can see them here. I'll be keeping track of each stage of the drawing over the next few days, so make sure you check back!

No comments:
Post a Comment