Sunday, April 15, 2012

Portrait of a Friend



I did this drawing as a request from a friend. I drew this during the facial proportions unit of a drawing class I took last year. I was expecting to totally hate drawing people and faces. Instead, I actually enjoyed it so much that I decided to do this drawing on the side. I guess you really never know if you are going to like something until you actually try it. 

The thing I spent the most time on in this drawing was the curly hair. I wanted to capture the highlights and shadows in the hair but at the same time be able to see the lines of the sections of hair. I think I accomplished this. However, just like in the Pumpkin Berries piece, I think I could have pushed the values of the face more. Also, I used a blending stump for shading and I now think it looks kind of messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment