A blog about my journey as an artist from my senior year of high school to my senior year of college.
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Pumpkin Berries
First of all, Happy Easter to all of you that celebrate it! I hope everyone has a great day.
This was one of the pieces that I did for my AP Studio Art Class. I was interested in the idea of doing a black and white piece with only certain areas of color. My art teacher happened to bring in pumpkin berries (no, I didn't know they existed either) for a drawing class. I used graphite for the coffee can and the stems, and water soluble graphite for the slight gradient in the corner. The pumpkins were done with watercolor. This was my first time using watercolors so I was generally happy with the results. At this point I didn't know that our school had liquid masking fluid, so after I was done I went back in with white gauche to bring out the highlights. Looking back on it now, I think I could have pushed the values more in some areas to create more contrast, especially on the inside of the coffee can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment